Creating a successful website is a top business priority – but work on your website shouldn’t stop once it’s launched.
Your website is your primary digital asset, and therefore should be ever-evolving and improving, not only to stay relevant and up-to-date with the latest trends, but to ensure that it is secure and provides your customers with a great experience.
If you’ve ever spent time trying to get your website ‘perfect’ before launch but found this to be a never ending process, meaning you push back your launch again and again, then this could be the approach for you. Let’s stop wasting valuable time that could be used to get your website in front of real people, so we can learn from real experiences and real data to improve your online performance.
Growth Driven Design
Growth Driven Design is a smart approach to website design that drives results using data. It allows you to launch quickly and improve your website over time, providing continual regular growth.
Also known as Agile Design, it has three stages:
- Strategy – Developing an understanding of your audience and how your website can help you to meet business goals.
- Launch – Launching a website that performs better than your existing site but is not necessarily your final product, rather it’s a solid foundation that you build from.
- Improvement – Once your website has launched, using real data to identify actions and features that will help your website to grow, as well as adding any functionality that wasn’t key to the original launch. This is done in sprints – usually monthly or quarterly updates which are planned in advance.
Following this methodology, we optimise your website for success little and often, to help you hit your goals. By delivering regular improvements, your website stays modern, up-to-date with the latest trends, and can include the functionality that you need in order to grow. What we do will depend on the unique needs of your business and digital platform, the goal being to provide flexibility, and to increase engagement and conversions.
We take a collaborative approach throughout the process, meaning you’ll have access to our talented team who can react to your needs.
Benefits of Regular Website Updates
The benefits of this growth driven design approach include:
- Investment spread over time and greater return on investment
- Launch quicker and on time
- Data driven decision making
- Continuous, measurable improvement
- Maintain credibility with security and reliability
What’s more, updating your website regularly helps to keep your site secure, whilst aiding your brand image to attract your target audience and customers. Regular website updates are also known to positively impact your SEO and Google Rankings.
You’re In Safe Hands
Before any work is carried out, we’ll take a full backup of your website, to ensure that we have a copy of your site should we need to restore it. You should also be backing up your website regularly; we backup customer websites completely every 24 hours (overnight) and our databases use “point in time” recovery so we can roll back to any exact point in time within the last 2 weeks.
At the start of each sprint, we will start by running a housekeeping audit of your site, firstly to find any errors – such as broken links or buttons – and then to identify any out-of-date content, giving you the opportunity to update this.
Below are a few more areas that we focus on during each website update:
- Checking all plugins are up-to-date
- Security checks
- Update broken links and crawl errors
- Speed optimisation and basic SEO updates
Plan of Action
We’ll work with you to identify key improvements to your website. Updates may involve visual or functional improvements, or a combination of both depending on a number of factors which will be identified through:
- Customer feedback
- Stakeholder & employee feedback
- Analytics data (e.g. tracking bounces, drop-offs, abandoned shopping baskets)
- Monitoring advances in technology and web standards
We’ll make sure to align plans with your business goals, to ensure that any improvements and additions to your website support your wider strategy and facilitate the smooth operation of your business.
With a POA in place, we’ll map out the deliverables for this sprint within our allotted timeframe and ensure everyone’s on the same page. We’ll then get to work! A sprint typically involves some or all of the following tasks:
- Updating & modernising visual elements
- Configuring plugins & third-party services
- Testing all changes on different devices and operating systems
All of our work takes place behind the scenes in a secure development environment where you can test and approve your improved website prior to it being pushed live.
Post-launch we’ll make sure everything is working as desired and that we’re collecting the right data on all the new additions. Then it’s time to start planning the next sprint!
Our knowledgeable and experienced team of website developers and designers, paired with our content writers, can maintain and improve your website – allowing you to continue to succeed online.